Meet Dr. Fred Guerra
“Over the years I’ve learned that the most important thing to patients is a dentist they can trust and feel comfortable with. I go out of my way to be friendly to every one of my patients, using a caring, gentle touch during all procedures. I think of my patients as family and give my best to everyone.”
Giving back to his community
Dr. Guerra gives back to the community in a number of ways. Most notable are his sponsorship of needy families from El Centro de la Familia, dedicated towards preventing and treating victims of domestic violence. Annually, Dr. Guerra participates in one of the largest volunteer dentistry efforts in the state of Colorado with the Give Kids a Smile program.
A solid educational background
“I’m grateful for the knowledge my educational background has afforded me, and I always look forward to learning about new and better ways to treat my patients through continuing education courses.”
- BS, Villanova University, 1973,
- DMD, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, 1976.
- Fellow: Academy of General Dentistry, International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- UCLA Aesthetic Continuum 2008
A life of service
“I entered the United States Air Force after finishing dental school. I loved the military and enjoyed the time I spent working on the men, women of the military and their children.”
- Top Graduate, Advanced Clinical Dentistry Residency, USAF
- Awarded distinguished Legion of Merit for his many contributions to Air Force Dentistry
- Military career culminated as Director, Dental Services, United States Air Force Academy (1996-2000)
“I feel I owe it to humanity as payment for the privilege of attending dental school, to devote a portion of my knowledge and skill to helping others learn advanced skills.”
- Director of Dental Services, United States Air Force Academy
- Developed Advanced Education in General Dentistry Program, United States Air Force Academy
Earning the respect of colleagues and patients alike
“Gaining the trust and respect of my patients and colleagues alike, means that I’ve proven my expertise professionally and personally. However, that’s just a small part of why I maintain professional memberships. It is through these groups that I am able to learn a great deal of information on new advances in dentistry.”
- Colorado Springs Dental Society
- Colorado Dental Association
- American Dental Association
Dr. Guerra is an avid fitness enthusiast and golfer. He enjoys family time with his wife, Barbara, and their 3 children, Laura, Michael and Steven and their significant others and granddaughter Boston.